Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
A primary goal of Mentor Candy is to be inclusive to the largest number of mentors and mentees, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all those who participate in Mentor Cand to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert the staff if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Cultivate a network of support & encouragement for each other
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
Failing to follow the community guidelines as described in this document carries consequences. For minor infractions, you may be temporarily suspended from the event you are participating in. Upon repeat offenses, or if the community believes you are not acting in good faith, you may be asked to leave permanently.
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a community organizer as soon as possible, using the report form or by writing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify email@example.com with a concise description of your grievance.